Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cutting out the sugar

Having watched a bunch of you tube videos on the subject I have decided to cut sugar out of my diet. I am not sure how long this will last, but I suppose that depends on how I feel on the diet. I have been at it for almost a week so far. Not too difficult up to now, but the weekend is a bit more challenging. I suppose we eat more treat type food at the weekend.
Anyway, what has this got to do with a cooking blog? Well I won't stop being interested in cooking just because I am cutting out the sugar. In fact the restriction might just help conjure up some recipes that are a bit different.
To start with a recipe that is not mine at all. Well just a link really. The Hairy Bikers did a series recently where they tried to lose weight while still loving food. One of the things they were doing was cutting down on carbs - the entire focus of my current diet. This is their recipe for Cassoulet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/our_special_cassoulet_05208

I made it today and it smells great. Going to have plenty of steamed veggies on the side to make it a balanced meal, but based on the smell this one seems like a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment