Friday, November 8, 2013

Ideas for no sugar/ low carb lunches

This is just a list of stuff that I pick from now that I am trying a low carb diet as espoused by Robert Lustig at UCSF.

Smoked mackerel
Smoked salmon
Sardines
Tinned mackerel
Pickled onions - unsugared
Kimchi
Brie
Cheddar
Olives
Ham slices
Peanut butter
Brazil nuts, pistachios, walnuts - all unsalted.
Raw carrot

I basically eat a bunch of this - whatever we have - until I think I have had enough. No bread or other flour in there. This fills me up fine and I might have a piece of fruit in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. I am finding I that after dinner (which I usually supplement with some nuts, smoked salmon or whatever I fancy from the above list) that I don't want to snack later on. This can only be a good thing.
I will add to this list as I find more foods that are suitable for this diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment