Monday, November 4, 2013

No sugar breakfast

This has been one of the easiest things about cutting out sugar. Breakfast. I have always liked porridge, I just had to have it without sugar. This sounded like it would be rough, but it ended up being very nice. It keeps me full until lunchtime most days. If I am peckish at mid morning I have a banana.

On this type of diet many people eat bacon, eggs, sardines. I like those foods, but don't think they would work early in the morning. So I am sticking with my porridge.

Finding specific consistent information on what to eat while trying to cut out sugar is not easy, so I am taking some liberty with what I have. The diet is not exactly paleo - it includes some grains. Not exactly Atkins - we eat beans and legumes. It's more of our own take on this. The only solid rule is no added sugar. I reckon I have lost some weight in the first week, which is something of a miracle considering how much meat, fish, eggs and nuts I have been eating. Today is day 7, so not even a full week yet. I reckon this will get easier as I get used to making different food choices.

Update, April 13th 2014

The results of this diet have been better than anything i have tried before. My weight dropped from 12 to 11 stone in about a month. And has stayed there. We arent following the low carb diet rigorously,  but mid week we stick to it pretty closely. 
It is not hard to do once you decide on some meal options. We plan on sticking to this in the long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment