Friday, September 17, 2010

A vegetable bake with cheese sauce and brown rice

I got this recipe from Complete Cookery Course: Classic Edition. My copy is fraying at the edges at this stage, but I can still rely on it for recipes that work. The full recipe is available here.
I know it looks a bit of a mess, but the photo does not do it justice. There is even rice scattered over the worktop :-) The recipe is supposed to be enough for 4 people, but my wife and I ate the lot. We did not have  a starter or dessert, so this was a perfect fit. The recipe sounds like there is quite a bit of effort involved, but there isn't really. I used normal cabbage instead of Chinese leaves and threw a chopped courgette in with the cabbage and broccoli for sauteing. Courgettes are nearing the end of their season, so I am putting them into everything I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment