Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rocket progress

Rocket progress
The rocket I planted a couple of weeks ago is a couple of inches high on the windowsill. The plan was to put it out in the garden under plastic bottle cloches. I reckon the cold will be too much for them though, so I am going to leave them where they are. If they continue to grow away there they will be handier to reach when they are needed. Might just be fighting with nature to try to grow them at this time of year though.

Beer maturing
The beer has been bottled over a week now. It is sitting in the shed conditioning. Normally I do this in the kitchen, but with a play pen in there, space is just not available. The weather however has not been that cold, so I reckon the residual yeast will be munching away on the added bottling glucose. A put a few litres in plastic drinks bottles (the ones that never became cloches) to kill slugs with and the bottles have pumped up nicely. Reckon I will sample a bottle this weekend.

Last of the courgettes
The last couple of small courgettes are on the plants at the moment. As soon as I pick these I will lift the plants, which are look very past it at this stage. The courgettes produced well as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment